Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Paris: The City of Deductions

A travel blog? Yep. That's what I'm doing now.

Why? Oh, let's say it's because it perfectly weds my passion for the written word with my eternal love for traveling and experiencing new cultures and environments. Let's definitely not say that it's because I promised my wife an anniversary trip to Paris, and now I'm trying to make the whole damn thing at least tax deductible, if not free.

Call me a romantic.

Anyway, April 16th is the big day we hop on a smelly, uncomfortable Delta jet and head toward the land of ridiculous accents. The plane won't start off smelly and uncomfortable, I hope, but I've flown Delta international before. After 300 plus people spend nine hours digesting airline food, the fuselage pretty much looks and smells like a fraternity house toilet rug during Rush Week. I love to travel, but let me tell you, teleportation technology can't come fast enough.

It's my plan to regularly blog while I'm in Paris and take you along on all of our little journeys. That's the plan anyway. It's distinctly possible, however, that I just might be having a little too much fun drinking French wine and trying not to pronounce the "r" in Louvre to be tied to a computer. We'll see. I also plan to be adding crappy, iPhone photos as I go, but you may want to check my website, mkarvinen.com, in early May for the (hopefully) better pictures I'll be taking with a real camera.

Stay tuned. Sign-up for updates. Follow me on Facebook. Support my advertisers.

And until this thing gets going, au revoir (Yep, kind of a silent "r" in there too).

m. karvinen

2 comments:

  1. The real Parisians have no idea of what is about to land in their town!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Sue. The last time they were invaded, things didn't go so well.

    ReplyDelete